• Познакомьтесь с пентестом веб-приложений на практике в нашем новом бесплатном курсе

«Анализ защищенности веб-приложений»

🔥 Записаться бесплатно!

• CTF с учебными материалами Codeby Games

Обучение кибербезопасности в игровой форме. Более 200 заданий по Active Directory, OSINT, PWN, Веб, Стеганографии, Реверс-инжинирингу, Форензике и Криптографии. Школа CTF с бесплатными курсами по всем категориям.

LDN 10 webcast

lmike

нет, пердело совершенство
Lotus Team
7 933
BIT

в 11 по EST (это -8 от MSK, т.е. в 19 MSK)

Domino-Designer

Людям надо поморгать!
Lotus Team
BIT
yvafyva_11362494_orig_.jpeg

• Нравится
Реакции: Мыш и Gandliar

garrick

Lotus Team
1 349
BIT
Это как понимать? Десятая версия будет с котиками?

• Нравится
Реакции: Мыш

Domino-Designer

Людям надо поморгать!
Lotus Team
BIT

I was very pleased at what was presented in IBM’s webcast today that was the result of the #domino2025 jam held earlier this year. (The replay will be posted shortly.) While my focus is on administration, the app dev stuff coming is fantastic. Look for Node.js to be an integral part of the tools available for Domino developers. Also coming is easy porting to mobile. They are making great progress with apps on the iPad.

Big items for admins:
– Faster, slimmer, better-looking Notes client
– increasing the maximum database size to 256GB (up from 64GB). For databases this is great, but I don’t look forward to users with mail files that large.
– SAML IDP improvements for Single Sign On (SSO)
– Auto updates to the Notes client
– Team Calendars
– Docker Enterprise Edition Domino images
– Further expansion of Domino Applications on the Cloud (DAC)
– Domino V11 was also mentioned

I will leave more of the details to other bloggers. Yes, there were a few brief demos of some things already working, but that was not the focus of this presentation. It was more about the…wait for it… ROADMAP! (wuhoo!)
(For those of you who have seen my question list at the “Ask IBM” sessions at Lotusphere/Connect/Think, you understand my excitement.) The 45+ minute presentation went really fast with a clean, polished look and feel. Which reflects that they took the hint seriously when people asked for marketing improvements to match the value of the software.

Clearly the energy and commitment is there like we haven’t seen before. OK, nothing will ever match the Ray Ozzie days, but Ray was the Babe Ruth of software innovation. I expect companies currently committed to other vendors’ software suites, who don’t know anything about Lotus Notes today, will soon be making Domino V10 a part of their strategic software portfolio. And this fits with their mission:

[To be] The application platform that business users tap to solve their collaboration intesnsive business problems — anyone, anywhere.​
But hey, that’s me, Mr. Vegas. Speaking of Vegas, they said to expect much more at IBM Think Conference next month in Las Vegas. If you haven’t registered yet, contact me directly and I can give you a secret code provided to IBM Champions for a discount.

---- Добавлено позже ----

The main points of what is coming in Domino 10:

• Slimmer, faster and better looking Notes client
  • Missing mail features will be added
  • Better Microsoft integration for mail and productivity applications
  • Use of modern development tools and frameworks
  • Better core performance and functionality
  • Easy to use authentication and administration
  • Even better integration with Outlook and Sametime
  • There will be a lot of new development on the mobile experience, both for mail and apps
  • The Sametime client will from now on give you persistent chats through all platforms (about time!)
The most important details they gave us about Domino:

• Active Directory integration made much simpler (how I wish that had been the case 3 years ago)
  • 256 GB NSF-files!
  • Automated database repair
  • Replica and synch-up and currency monitoring
  • Full text auto update on search and resilience
  • Docker Enterprise Edition images will be available
  • ID/Vault management improvements
  • SAML IPD upgrades (including ADFS4.0) for single signon
  • A much improved API which makes it easier to read from and write to NSF files
  • Exchange Web Services to connect to Exchange and Outlook clients in a much better way than today
We were given a short demo of some of the Notes functionality, but thus far a new design of the client was nowhere to be seen. New Notes functionality highlights:

• You can edit rich text fields in Word instead of Notes
  • You can schedule (ie: delay) emails
  • You can mark several emails and send them as attachments in a new email
  • You an now invite other s to an appointment or meeting

IBM and HCL did their first webcast about the future of Domino V10. Yes, a real product upgrade and not another Feature Pack. This was a publicly announced event so I guess I am fine to post about details - and there were a lot of them!

The webcast with 1500+ attendees (!) was hosted by some key people of the current collaboration construct announced in October last year:

• Bob Schultz, GM IBM Watson Talent and Collaboration Solutions
  • Richard Jefts, GM and VP Collaborative Workflow Platforms at HCL
  • Andrew Manby, Director of Offering Management IBM Collaboration Solutions
It was announced as a review of what happened during the past months in the Domino2025 jams as well as in the community forums where ideas were collected and voted for. But it wasn’t that boring at all.

I only can speak (write) for myself but I guess I am not alone when I state that this was the most interesting and encouraging webcast from IBM regarding the platform especially from an application developer’s perspective - for years.

We saw many non app-dev feature plans for the upcoming release that is honestly planned for this year. I summarized them for you.

The Notes Client
Yes, there will be enhancements for the standard client as well. The customer base is so huge that IBM/HCL will invest in the client.

The Mail template will support team calendars. Not sure if this is a feature we need as there are many great third-party solutions available for that (Ontime) but hey, it’s also good to have something out of the box.

You will be able to invite others to an appointment or meeting even if you are not the owner of the event. I guess this will be controlled via a mail policy setting as this might get out of control at some point. You don’t want any user to do this, right?

A nice feature is to collect invitations to events directly from your inbox to send them „as attachment“ to another person. Great for sharing e.g. public events like this webcast. Of course you can do this already but just with a single invitation mail that you just forward, but not with more than one.

Sametime
This is something I don’t bother at all as we stopped using it long ago but others still use the instant messaging solution on premises. Sametime will become persistent and across different client and platforms. This feature is a long awaited and wanted one. My hope is that at some point Sametime and Watson Workspace will melt down to a single product with the same apps.

The Domino Server
Oh my, this is the best product of all. We all love Domino for so many different reasons. Now it gets the makeover it deserves for years.

Since FP10 we have full Docker support for the pure installation. There were many blogposts about how to set it up. IBM now plans to deliver ready-to-go images to deploy on any Docker runtime.

The NSF will be upgraded to handle more than 64GB - the new NSF-2 will support up to 256GB of disk space and other NoSQL databases like MongoDB (not sure if I like that though).

To handle those tons of data a new search engine will be introduced and I am very happy to see that: Elastic Search. No details available yet, but ES (or E-search as IBM called it) has some stunning features and the performance is awesome. Big data is introduced to Domino!

The server also will provide the Exchange Web Services (EWS) to connect to Exchange and Outlook clients flawlessly. A better integration of Active Directory will also be provided. I am not an admin in this particular area but from what I saw Domino was not the software that was „tricky“ to setup when it came to a connection to the Microsoft world… We are looking forward for new tools to make it easier for people not having any MCT certificates.

Application Development
Yes, this took my interest the most. We saw a lot of cool new stuff on an IBM slide that deals with Domino and Notes databases.

I remember the roundtable at Engage user group in Eindhoven back in 2016 when we sat with IBMers discussing the app dev path of the Domino ecosystem. At this time Niklas Heidloff asked the crowd about having other technologies like NodeJS on board the Domino runtime - and the feedback was just like „yeah, that would be cool to attract developers from outside the yellow bubble“. Today we’ve seen a real live demo on how this works. Sure, there were solutions to connect Domino and Node via the built-in REST API of Domino aka DAS but this time it looked more like a real built-in solution on the Domino side.

The demo also showed another component called LoopBack, a Node framework for documentation but also implementation of REST services in a native way. The Node community lives with that for a while and now we are going to get it on „our“ product, too - that’s awesome!

Screenshot2018-02-2820_1519847789614.56.02.png

Open to others
One thing that also caught my interest: OpenIDE. For fucks sake, I so hate the Eclipse based Domino Designer every day screwing my stuff up, forgetting changes and dropping settings each time it crashes - and it does frequently. The outlook of being able to use any kind of IDE or editor I want makes me happy. OpenIDE is a standard that allows developers to use their favorite tools - within a certain extend to the target they are developing with.

For us Domino devs this means that using the NodeJS parts within the NSF we could finally use those great tools like VS Code, Sublime or any other editor that is extensible and fast.

Other stuff
In the Q&A section there was a question about Graph databases or - as we ODA friends call it - GraphNSF. This is a great idea. I used graph databases before (the ODA way) and I really love to see the OpenNTF Domino API (ODA) to be a part of the core product - like the Extension Library became years ago. So just reach out to the ODA gurus and get this thing to work!

Last but not least it’s almost mandatory that the „V10“ is also provided with the community edition of the Domino server.

Finally I see a strong emphasize on Domino on-premises instead of focussing the SCN (Smart Cloud Notes) way which is on one hand surprising but on the other hand very satisfying. Customers love to manage their own environment especially when it comes to application development.

BUT
Some things that bug me though:

• I understand the strong investments in the client but I really don't get it
  • We still rely on Eclipse technology for the basic stuff - just get rid off it please
  • the XPages runtime will continue to be closed source - please open it to have it as an optional plugin on any other runtime
Anyway, thanks to IBM and HCL for enlightening us with those insights of the current process. It was very interesting and encouraging. Also a big kudos to all who participated in creating ideas in the ideation blog and voting for them.

Make Domino great again! #domino2025

Последнее редактирование:

garrick

Lotus Team
1 349
BIT
Больше похоже на звук фанфар, призывающих последних разбегающихся клиентов подождать ещё немного пока не наступит светлое завтра. Каких-дибо конкретных планов и сроков никто не называл? node.js ещё зачем-то... опять понавтыкают в эту кучу разноцветных флажков и зонтиков от коктейлей, которые никак не дружат между собой. IBM, я так понимаю, от развития Notes самоустранилось уже.

• Нравится
Реакции: Мыш

oshmianski

Достойный программист
Lotus Team
BIT

lmike

Lotus Team
7 933
BIT
1. OpenIDE - интересно
т.к. я слушал и смотрел вебкаст - там рассказали про некую заглушку, кот. позволяет писать код для домины, например из VS code (кросс-платформенная шняжка от МС, на Электроне), даже стенд показали, как данные в домину заманьячили, из VS code
Там типа Node.js (поддержка кот. и анонсирована)
в чате:
- будут развивать NSF2 , ограничения по индексам будет овер 256Гб
- подумают о развитии LS, но ответ был уклончивый
- заявляли - МакОС им интересна ;), про дизигнер кроме винды - молчек ;)
- всяки шуточки про цвет, розовый... (толирасты...)
-мои вопросы в чате не прошли, почему-то :(

остальное уже не помню, говорили запись (какая часть - не знаю ) будет доступна, были еще голосовалки по платформам, неутешительно - венду хотят (слушавшие), результаты не увидел
типа вызов редактора ворда в нотусе встроен будет, показали быстро ;), полагаю - виндовз-онли
ОФФ: я тут разворачивал NextCloud и ONLYOFFICE documentserver интегрил их - реальный путь редактирования вордов/хухелей/поверточек... прям в браузере, без МСО вовсе. Все ИБМовские свистоперделки, на этот счет, я серьезно не воспринимаю, был шанс только с ОпенОфисом (кот. они встраивали в нотусню)
- бантики, очередной ui ребрендинг?
я и бантиков не увидел - казали старый интерфейс

IBM, я так понимаю, от развития Notes самоустранилось уже.
там HST маячит
нода - модно молодежно хипстерски, xPages, видать, наскучил ;)

oshmianski

Достойный программист
Lotus Team
BIT
спасибо. интересно будет посмотреть видео.

lmike

Lotus Team
7 933
BIT
спасибо. интересно будет посмотреть видео.
в почту упало только это
Thank you for attending Let's Get Real: What's in Domino v10. This webcast is now on-demand, should you like to view it again. Visit our #domino2025 blog page for our wrap up of this webcast, coming next week.
ждем следующей недели ;)

кстати- его можно интегрить со всем что может в хтмл (серверная страница с div) , через запрос по http к documentserver с колбэком и адресом куда будет POST конечного дока, д.б. доступен на запись, как обстоит с удержанием сессии - не знаю, в nextcloud работает
единственный момент - сервер д.б. доступен из браузера "клиента"

• Нравится
Реакции: oshmianski

lmike

Lotus Team
7 933
BIT
спасибо, интересная задумка
тоже офтопик, но можно и Collabora интегрить, если odf использовать
но вот в случае с ONLYOFFICE я себе представляю интеграцию с доминой (с xPages или просто вебмордой), а с Collabora, пока, нет

Domino-Designer

Людям надо поморгать!
Lotus Team
BIT
@Мыш, Обещяют бетку выпустить ... пока что у меня ощущение, что издеваются. Посмотрим.

Мыш

Lotus Team
1 213
BIT
@Мыш, Обещяют бетку выпустить ... пока что у меня ощущение, что издеваются. Посмотрим.
Мне кажется, что поезд безвозвратно ушел с выходом Exchange 2007. Ну хорошо, допустим он был еще сырой - значит, с выходом 2010-го. Рынок, ИМХО, не вернуть...

garrick

Lotus Team
1 349
BIT
Как-как!? Ясен пень OLE какое-нибудь. Вот удивили. Оно сто лет уже так работает, просто будут считаться все RichText поля внедрённым Word документом. Не знаю только как к этому отнесутся владельцы Маков.

А кто тогда такие HCL? (как только их не обзывают, кто же на самом деле эти маньяки?) :)
Ты будешь удивлён - это индусская компания. :)

• Нравится
Реакции: Domino-Designer

lmike

Lotus Team
7 933
BIT
Мне кажется, что поезд безвозвратно ушел с выходом Exchange 2007. Ну хорошо, допустим он был еще сырой - значит, с выходом 2010-го. Рынок, ИМХО, не вернуть...
это зависит от понимания - что есть LDN и для чего использовать чангу ;), у "начальников" это на уровне "почта" и календарь...
Как по мне - убожеству АУГа я никак привыкнуть не могу, но сотрудники пользуются
Правда шаг в лево - и вопросы ко мне или ИТ деск - как "это" сделать
Макросы написать (с логикой там черт ногу сломит в АУГ объектах), а уж тем-более - внедрить, задача из "миссия не выполнима"
А если в смысле , что "чудиков", не понимающих принципы документооборота, МС уговорил купить свою шняжку - да, ИБМ крупно продолбала рынок. Но корпорасты всегда тяготели к МС продуктам и этого не вылечить

Domino-Designer

Людям надо поморгать!
Lotus Team
BIT
Ты будешь удивлён - это индусская компания.

Тогда кто такое HST?

У меня уже 3 их названия: HCL, HCT, HST ... вбивая любое трехбуквеное слово на букву Х я получаю "индусские компьютерные технологии".

lmike

Lotus Team
7 933
BIT
ну а по тенденциям, что я вижу:
- ШареПоинт - файло-помойка с вебдоступом, неудобная, расширяемая на уровне - написать кучу кода "сбоку", не развивается (да и некуда). Тогда уж куда как проще - NextCloud (я его по лдап с доминой "срастил", с АДом но тоже сращивается)
- МСО - МС понимает - все уходит в "браузер" и остервенело проталкивает свой ажур. Гуглдокс стал мощным инструментом, и их таблицы удобнее в написании обработки массивов, на уровне - одна формула, без тиражирования, делает "всё"
- Чанга - без внешних фильтров не жизнеспособна, тупой мэйлер, с неудобным календарем и убогими тасками. Можно добавить - тоже стремится стать сервисом ван/скан -драйв/365чегототам , как "это" давно уже у гугла и ёпла (да, кстати ёпл сбежал из ажур в гугл ;) , без помпы)
- Винда даже пытается эмулировать линукс и докер, потому как разрабам это угребище (винда) неудобна в тестинге/делойменте и прочих "повседневных" задачах (хотя есть те - кто цепляется за эту ОС и их немало)
- ВСтудень - этого монстра я так и не смог даже установить , мне стало жалко времени на все "прыжки" для его установки (ацкий треш)
- Визио/Паблишер/Прожект - есть аудитория. использующая это, но очень специфичные продукт. А диаграмму ганта рисовать - не бином Ньютона ;)

Тогда кто такое HST?
меня тупо могло глюкнуть, для меня что-то на букву Х... в английской реинкарнации ;)

вебкаст вели англикосы, судя по четкой поставленной речи, без заиканий, с шутками, на позитиве - явно не "рабочий класс" ;)

garrick

Lotus Team
1 349
BIT
У меня уже 3 их названия: HCL, HCT, HST ... вбивая любое трехбуквеное слово на букву Х я получаю "индусские компьютерные технологии".
Всё нормально. В Индии в каждой деревне свой язык и часто жители соседних деревень не понимаю друг-друга. Поэтому HCL, HCT, HST - без разницы.

IBM говорит HCL - Крупная индусская софтверная компания. Пишет так же для Micriosoft, Oracle, SAP и пр. Им отдали Notes и все сопутствующие продукты - Verse, Sametime, LEI и пр. А ранее этим же индусам уже были переданы Rational, Informix, какие-то части WebSphere. Картинка с их сайта. Это только по IBM.

Image 071.png

Мы в соцсетях:

Обучение наступательной кибербезопасности в игровой форме. Начать игру!