• B правой части каждого сообщения есть стрелки и . Не стесняйтесь оценивать ответы. Чтобы автору вопроса закрыть свой тикет, надо выбрать лучший ответ. Просто нажмите значок в правой части сообщения.

• Курсы Академии Кодебай, стартующие в мае - июне, от команды The Codeby

1. Цифровая криминалистика и реагирование на инциденты
    2. ОС Linux (DFIR) Старт: 16 мая
    3. Анализ фишинговых атак Старт: 16 мая Устройства для тестирования на проникновение Старт: 16 мая

Скидки до 10%

Полный список ближайших курсов ...

Проблема с установкой Kali Linux [Как бы глупо не звучало]

A

alfi0

Недавно купил ноутбук HP OMEN 17: (1050TI 4GB,16GB,SSD 250gb, INTEL i7] и первым делом хотелось установить Kali Linux рядом с Windows 10, а так как в Linux системах являюсь новичком, то не могу преодолеть некоторые трудности.

Как я устанавливал Kali Linux:

1. Установил Kali Linux на флешку в DD-образе.
2. Выделил место на SSD(36гб)
(Действия в BIOS`e решил пропустить)
3. Загрузился с флешки в UEFI и начал загрузку
4. Разметку выбрал ручную, после указал свободное место на SSD(На котором имеется раздел EFI), а остальную работу оставил компьютеру.
- Во время установки GRUB возникла ошибка <<Unable to install GRUB in dummy>>.

Хотел бы получить от вас ответ в виде последовательности действий, которые я должен выполнить для установки Kali Linux рядом c Windows 10.
Так же хотел бы получить от вас наставления по изучению системы Windows и Linux, чтобы в следующий раз мог решить проблему самостоятельно.

Squ0nk

Green Team
BIT
Просто гуглится за 5 секунд.

There seem to be multiple possible causes for this failure. In my case, Debian installer failed to configure /etc/default/grub correctly. The solution I will describe worked for my particular setup on a Thinkpad 13 Gen 2
Setup
  1. Boot mode is "UEFI Only" (check the corresponding setting in the BIOS Setup).
  2. Factory installed Windows 10 booting, obviously, in UEFI mode (check the "BIOS mode" row in System Information, it should say UEFI).
  3. The disk had 3 partitions:
    1. EFI System Partition
    2. Windows NTFS Partition
    3. Recovery Partition
  4. I wanted to keep Windows for a dual boot, so I shrank the Windows partition to get room for Debian (using the Disk Management tool under Windows).
  5. Ran Debian installation from a USB stick. The installer ran in the UEFI mode (there was a text line on the initial splash screen saying "Debian GNU/Linux UEFI Installer menu).
  6. Partitioned the free space on the disk manually:
    1. Created a 256MB partition for /boot
    2. Created an encrypted volume in the rest of the free space (the encrypted volume is what Debian installer seems to have a problem with during Grub installation later on).
    3. Created 3 LVM logical volumes for root, swap, and home.
  7. The installation ran smoothly until the "Install the Grub Boot Loader on a Hard Disk" step, at which the installer failed with the message: "Unable to install GRUB in dummy. Executing 'grub-install dummy' failed. This is a fatal error."
  8. I skipped the Grub installation step and continued the installation with the next step. The installation finished successfully, but on the reboot no Grub screen was displayed and Windows booted.
Solution
  1. Boot from the installation media from which you installed Debian.
  2. In the initial menu, go to Advanced options -> Rescue mode and go through the configuration process for the rescue mode until you get a shell prompt.
  3. In the shell prompt run:
    apt-get install --reinstall grub-efi-amd64
    This should fail with the message
    grub-install: error: attempt to install to encrypted disk without cryptodisk enabled. Set 'GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y' in file '/etc/default/grub'.
  4. Open /etc/default/grub in an editor (e.g., nano) and add GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y as the last line. Save the file.
  5. Run
    update-grub
  6. Run exit and reboot.
You should now get a Grub menu with the options to boot Debian and Windows.
UPDATE
I found out that Debian installer ignored the separate /boot partition I created and tried to install Grub to the boot directory on the encrypted root partition. This caused the failure. So, instead of editing /etc/default/grub move the contents of the boot directory to a separate unencrypted /boot partition (note that the EFI Partition is mounted into /boot/efi) and then install Grub normally:
update-grub
If you use this solution, you will be prompted only once for a password to decrypt your encrypted partition.

• Нравится
Реакции: alfi0 и Super
A

alfi0

Просто гуглится за 5 секунд.

There seem to be multiple possible causes for this failure. In my case, Debian installer failed to configure /etc/default/grub correctly. The solution I will describe worked for my particular setup on a Thinkpad 13 Gen 2
Setup
  1. Boot mode is "UEFI Only" (check the corresponding setting in the BIOS Setup).
  2. Factory installed Windows 10 booting, obviously, in UEFI mode (check the "BIOS mode" row in System Information, it should say UEFI).
  3. The disk had 3 partitions:
    1. EFI System Partition
    2. Windows NTFS Partition
    3. Recovery Partition
  4. I wanted to keep Windows for a dual boot, so I shrank the Windows partition to get room for Debian (using the Disk Management tool under Windows).
  5. Ran Debian installation from a USB stick. The installer ran in the UEFI mode (there was a text line on the initial splash screen saying "Debian GNU/Linux UEFI Installer menu).
  6. Partitioned the free space on the disk manually:
    1. Created a 256MB partition for /boot
    2. Created an encrypted volume in the rest of the free space (the encrypted volume is what Debian installer seems to have a problem with during Grub installation later on).
    3. Created 3 LVM logical volumes for root, swap, and home.
  7. The installation ran smoothly until the "Install the Grub Boot Loader on a Hard Disk" step, at which the installer failed with the message: "Unable to install GRUB in dummy. Executing 'grub-install dummy' failed. This is a fatal error."
  8. I skipped the Grub installation step and continued the installation with the next step. The installation finished successfully, but on the reboot no Grub screen was displayed and Windows booted.
Solution
  1. Boot from the installation media from which you installed Debian.
  2. In the initial menu, go to Advanced options -> Rescue mode and go through the configuration process for the rescue mode until you get a shell prompt.
  3. In the shell prompt run:
    This should fail with the message
    grub-install: error: attempt to install to encrypted disk without cryptodisk enabled. Set 'GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y' in file '/etc/default/grub'.
  4. Open /etc/default/grub in an editor (e.g., nano) and add GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y as the last line. Save the file.
  5. Run
    update-grub
  6. Run exit and reboot.
You should now get a Grub menu with the options to boot Debian and Windows.
UPDATE
I found out that Debian installer ignored the separate /boot partition I created and tried to install Grub to the boot directory on the encrypted root partition. This caused the failure. So, instead of editing /etc/default/grub move the contents of the boot directory to a separate unencrypted /boot partition (note that the EFI Partition is mounted into /boot/efi) and then install Grub normally:
update-grub
If you use this solution, you will be prompted only once for a password to decrypt your encrypted partition.
Загуглил бы, но ведь не знал в чем проблема. Спасибо за ответ, попробую отпишусь.

Мы в соцсетях:

Обучение наступательной кибербезопасности в игровой форме. Начать игру!